Did you Know? Here are some fun facts about bees.
- Bees pollination 80% of the plants, worldwide. Amazingly, this means that without the honeybee, we would have none of the fruits and vegetables we need for good health.
- Every product from the beehive can be used for medicinal purposes.
- Honey not only tastes good, but is a popular remedy for treating allergies.
- Bee pollen is a perfect food. It contains all of the essential, vitamins, minerals and nutrients necessary to sustain life.
- Propolis is the “glue” that seals up tiny cracks in a hive, but it is also a natural antibiotic used to treat minor scrapes.
- Royal jelly is fed to the larvae to “make” a queen. It is also found in numerous beauty products.
- Even the bee venom is used for apitherapy, treating many people with Multiple Sclerosis successfully.
- A colony of bees contains anywhere from 20,000-60,000 bees with only one queen.
- The queen lives 2-3 yrs and can lay up to 2500 eggs a day during their busy months.
- Honeybees can sense danger from people or animals over 50ft away.
- All worker bees are female and are the only ones that sting. They can only sting one time and then they die.
- Bees only sting when they feel threatened, so never swat at a bee or or they may pursue you.
- A honeybee visits 50-100 flowers in one collection trip.
- A worker bee’s average lifespan in about 6-8 weeks.
- The average honeybee will only make 1/12th of a teaspoon of honey in her lifetime
- Bees “dance” to communicate
Facts about bee removal:
Bee Removal Services