Avoid Wasp Stings with Wasp Removal in Dallas and Beyond
Wasps can be beneficial although their benefits are usually far from our mind when they are invading our homes or offices. Wasps can be beneficial because they prey on many insects, including caterpillars, flies, crickets, and other pests that also “bug” us during the summer. However, during late summer and fall, as wasp queens stop laying eggs and their nests decline, wasps change their food gathering priorities and are more interested in collecting sweets and other carbohydrates.
This is the time of year when you are most likely to need wasp control and even wasp nest removal. Even though they are just trying to find food for their comrades, some wasps may become very aggressive scavengers around human food and drinks.
No wasp species will attack a human except in defense, but the last thing you want to do is let wasps get out of control in your backyard. Little Giant Beekeepers can help you with wasp control.
A wasp sting contains venomous fluid which is injected under the skin. If you’re allergic, this venom can cause severe allergic reactions that can be fatal if immediate medical attention is not sought.
Most people have only local reactions to wasp stings, although a few may experience more serious allergic reactions. Local, nonallergic reactions range from burning, itching, redness, and tenderness to massive swelling and itching that may last up to a week. These local reactions can be treated with ice, vinegar, honey, meat tenderizer, or commercial topical ointment to relieve the itching. An allergic reaction may include also cause hives or rash, swelling away from the sting site, headache, minor respiratory symptoms, and stomach upset. These allergic reactions are not life-threatening and can be readily treated with an antihistamine. Avoid any risk of wasp stings with Little Giant Beekeeper’s wasp removal.